Cannabis-infused sandwich are among the easiest and best-tasting dishes you can prepare when it comes to cooking with cannabis.
Research has shown that eating too much meat is not healthy, so it is a good idea to focus on using less, but high-quality meat.
If you would prefer to leave meat out of the equation, this recipe can be adapted to a vegan diet utilizing soy derivatives.
Choosing Your Ingredients
Sandwiches are among the easiest recipes you can make, making this a great entry level for those wanting to experiment with cannabis in the kitchen.
Ground meat is the basis for any sandwich, and it is recommended you take the time to good meat.
Preferably from a local organic farmer, or originating from a country with strict animal and farming regulations.
For a juicy cannabis-infused sandwich, the meat chosen should be fairly fatty.
When it comes to the cannabis you are going to use, you want to use some dried bud.
The strain you choose will determine the type of effect and potency, so choose something you consider to be a favorite.
Anyway, 1/2 gram is enough for sandwiches.
However, it can be adjusted to suit your experience.
In that regard, if for some reason you don’t have time to decarboxylate or finely ground your cannabis buds, you can consume CBD 30-40 minutes before ingesting your sandwich.
CBD can be consumed in a variety of ways (i.e. tincture, capsule pills, or CBD pens).
This makes no difference in terms of its effect, but you may find that some methods are more convenient than others.
Tinctures and capsule pills are more low-profile than using a CBD pen for example.
However, it might be more entertaining and cost-effective to use a CBD pen.
Also the way CBD is consumed may make a difference as well.
There are many online outlets that provide quality information about consuming CBD.
At Blaze4Days, you can consult their CBD page in order to decide what CBD oil vape pen starter kit is best for your CBD needs.
Check out their post: https://blaze4days.com/cbd-pen/
Ingredients For 2 Sandwiches
- 425g of beef patty
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1.5g of cannabis bud, decarboxylated then finely ground
- 1 egg
- Seasonings (paprika, pepper, salt & garlic)
- Sandwich wonder bread
- Salad, tomato, onion, cucumber (or your preferred vegetables)
- Your preferred cheese
Making your sandwiches is straight forward.
Simply follow these instructions!
You will use your hands for this.
It will work better if they are wet and clean.
1. Decarboxylate your cannabis in the oven, then finely grind it (removing small branches).
- We want cannabis buds to become as fine a powder.
- A coffee grinder is great for this.
2. In a bowl, mix together the meat, sliced onion, cannabis, egg & seasoning.
- Mix everything together by hand until an even consistency is reached.
3. Take your mix and flatten it on a clean surface to a uniform thickness.
- A little flour on the surface helps to prevent the meat to sticking on it.
- You want to create thick round patties ready to fry.
4. Carefully pick up the sandwich bread using a flipper, and put them on a plate in the fridge for a 3 hours.
5. Next, comes cooking.
- Sandwiches tastes better grilled on a barbecue.
5a. You can cook them in a barbecue with olive oil.
- Heat the barbecue to a high temperature.
- Place the sandwiches in and after 1.5 minute, flip them.
- This will seal the meat (keeping the juices in).
- You can add more salt & herbs.
- Lower the heat to a medium temperature and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the quality of your meat.
- If you want cheese, be sure to add it on a couple of minutes before you finish cooking (to let it melt a bit).
5b. On a barbecue, make sure your grill is preheated.
- You should be able to keep hold your hand above the grill for a couple of seconds before it becomes painful.
- Slap the sandwiches onto the grill and flip them after 1 minute to seal the meat.
- Continue to cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the quality of your meat and how rare you want them – flipping occasionally.
- If you like cheese on your sandwich, add a few minutes before you take it off the grill.
If you are a meat lover, a meat thermometer will greatly help track your sandwiches cooking progress.
By sticking its tips into the centre of your piece of meat, you will be able to know the internal cooking temperature.
At 60°C your cannabis-infused sandwich will be rare, at 70°C it will be medium, and at 80°C, it will well done.
Over 80 degrees the sandwich is burned.
All that is left to do is sort out the sandwich bread and garnishes, which you can do to your own taste.
That is all there is to it!
Remember, cannabis edibles can take anywhere from 45 mins – 2 hrs to kick in, so be patient.